Saturday, April 23, 2005

Come And Get It! Hot Steaming Content...

eWeek has an article about RSS in the enterprise. From the article:

"More and more companies are starting to use internal content distributed in the form of RSS," Reinacker [CTO of Newsgator] said. "Having this content delivered internally in a secure manner is really kind of the sweet spot for [enterprises] right now."
I've come late to the whole syndication game, but it's a great example of a simple technology that allows very cool things to happen. (Though I'm irritated at the competing formats. I don't know for the life of me what Atom provides over RSS' various flavors.) Those companies with bustling intranets would do well to leverage one (or two, or three) of these syndication methods to get their information out efficiently.

Also, the article mentions Rojo (beware when visiting that link as Rojo apparently is Spanish for "blindingly red background") which provides an RSS aggregator with some network effects built in. It seems they're going to be offering the ability to annotate and share feeds and items which is a feature sadly lacking in my dear bloglines. I'll be taking a look if I can find an invitation somewhere. Anyone got one handy?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home